Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do if confronted by an intruder?
• If you cannot escape, try to lock yourself in a secure room and lock the door.
• Try remain calm. [How to remain calm during stressful situations]
• Co-operate with the intruder.
• Be observant and take particular notice of any voice, dress or behavioural traits.
• Only shout for help/scream if you can avoid serious assault.
• If the intruder tries to leave, do not hinder/apprehend him.
• Do not follow the intruder outside. Close & lock doors immediately and call for help by activating the home alarm system.
• Call SAPS on 10111
How do I get more involved?
Attend Monthly Meetings or contact your Sector Chairman.
Follow CPF on Facebook for up-to-date notices of meetings or calls to action
How do I go about getting Crime Statistics?
Crime statistics are only available at the monthly meetings
What is the difference between the CPF and the Neighbourhood Watch?
Parklands Neighbourghood Watch | Table View Neighbourhood Watch:
Members are volunteers who are the “eyes and the ear” that assist the crime-fighting agencies in our community, to bring about a measure of stability to Table View and Parklands respectively.
Table View Community Police Forum:
Members are volunteers and are responsible for the safety and security of the environment we live in, and ensures that the partnership between the community and the Police is maintained, and that all community-based safety and Victim Support structures are directed, monitored and guided to act within the law.
How can you help?
You can help by contributing by:
1. Becoming a member of the Table View Community Police Forum
2. Contributing a monthly, annually, or once-off donation
Download the Contribution Form below and submit it via the same platform
How do I know which Sector I reside in?
Sector 1: Bloubergstrand, Big Bay, Blouberg Sands, Bloubergrandt, West Beach, Blouberg Rise and Waves Edge
Sector 2: Sunningdale and Parklands
Sector 3: Table View, Sunridge, West Riding, Flamingo Vlei, Doornbach